Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Live and learn

Ok, where do I start? So much has happened since I last posted. Tony and I have been trying to work things out and things have been alright. Not perfect or horrible...but they are OK, so we will see what the future holds. At least we aren't in "I want to kill you" mode anymore ;0).

My parents finally found a house and we got them all moved this past weekend. While I am extremely happy for them I can't help but feel a bit selfish due to the fact that they now live three hours away. But, I will deal with it. Their house is really lovely and they have a spectacular view (they are up on a mountain) so as soon as I get time, I will upload the pictures.

The moving convoy consisted of my sister, brother in law, my uncle, my cousin, three of my dad's friends, my parents, and of course myself. We drove up to the new house on Saturday and got the U-haul unloaded. My uncle, cousin, and one of the buddies were driving back home and the rest of us were spending the night and returning on Sunday. After they left to go home the real fun began as it was time to start drinking.

Let me just say that I am normally not a big drinker. And I usually just stick to beer when I do drink. For some reason I lost all ability to make good decisions at that point. It was probably the campfire that we had going that did it ;0).... yeah, that's it, the fire. Long story short I drank mass quantities of beer (I have no idea exactly how much), some Baileys Irish cream (not much), and 3/4 of a bottle of wine. Yeah...I know. Strangely enough I was not as drunk as you may suspect as I was talking fine and I remember everything...but I was a bit stumble-y if you know what I mean.

When I woke up the next morning I actually didn't feel too bad...until I drank a cup of coffee. Lets just say that I was formally introduced to the new bathrooms quite well. I was so sick all day and had to make the three hour trip home....lesson learned.

I am now officially joke fodder because of this incident, but I think it's funny just the same. Did I happen to mention that all that alcohol was consumed by a 103lb woman? No....well no wonder I was sick ;0) My family is so proud I'm sure.

So, hopefully I will be back to posting more often...hopefully ;0) I've got some catching up to do, so here I go...

6 comments:

Nanette said...

Well, I am glad you are trying to work things out. :)

Heh, lightweight! LOL I kid...I kid! Not a good idea to mix your liquors....been there, done that.

Adamity73 said...

Good to hear that things are looking up. I was just wondering: Is your parents' new house kinda like a Dr. Seuss house? You know, up on a mountain, all balanced and whatnot? ;-)

103 pounds?! Good Lord, girl! I now gloss thee..."Spinner." Hey, it's a compliment! =o)

MrRyanO said...

Alcohol and campfires go hand in hand! Sounds like a good time...well except for that heavy lifting and moving thing...

Angela said...

I am probably an even worse lightweight so I won't tease you. Much.

Melly` said...

Pleased to have you back.

Melissa said...

Glad you're back, Missy!

Nothing like nursing a hangover on the road, is there? You have my belated sympathy.