Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Just where have you been young lady?

Well, let me explain. I still don't have internet access at home. I've been meaning to get a card for my laptop, but have yet to actually do it. I'm not home much, so there didn't seem to be a good reason to spend the money. And, I've been cut back to part time at work, so I don't have much time to spend on here. That's my story and I'm sticking to it ;0).

So, as far as what has been happening in the last two months, I'll fill you in. I am pretty settled in my new digs...even though I want to strangle my roommate sometimes. It bothers me that even though she is home most of the day...she doesn't do anything. We have had a box of cleaning supplies and other things that she took out of the cabinets under the sink for the purpose of scrubbing the inside of the cabinet....that was a month and a half ago, and the box is still in the kitchen. I would do it, but it's the principle of it...you started it, you finish it.

Work has been extremely lacking for us, and I've been laid off for a few weeks...not to worry though, everything has been ok. I sold my Mazda and got what I wanted for it, so I had some extra cash after paying off the loan...bonus! I've been able to collect UC benefits, and had hoped that things would pick up, but I've started scouting for jobs.

It is funny that while with Tony I was quite the home body and that when I left I became quite the social butterfly so to speak. There is a little bar that I was in quite a bit with my dad when I was younger where I like to go and shoot pool. I used to be pretty good...and I still am ;0). I reconnected with people that I hadn't seen in years and made some new friends. I have been dating someone special too. He approached me one night to shoot a game of pool...and I beat him. OK, no big deal...right? Yeah, no. He wanted a rematch. I won again. Then he won. I think you know where this is going....I don't know how many games we actually played, but I know I won more games. So he decided he would call me Shark ;0). Every time I'd see him that is what my nickname was. So, he asked me out, we had a great time, and are still having a great time.

That is about everything in a nutshell. I'm doing well. I have lost a bunch of weight though because of stress and not eating, but honestly it's kind of nice because I'm back down to what I weighed in school. I will try to get a picture up in flickr, but I don't know when that will be. I will also try to get around and catch up on everyone as soon as I can. And, just in case I don't before the holiday....Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

6 comments:

Adamity73 said...

Welcome back, Shark! ;-) I am glad to hear that some things are going very well...and the others should begin to go better. Peace.

Angela said...

Good to see that you're still alive, Shark. I hope you're back again before another two months pass by!

Melly` said...

I am glad things are working out for you!

Melissa said...

Welcome back, Missy! So glad to hear things are going well (except for the pesky layoff, hoping you find something you like soon!) and that you've reconnected with friends and made new ones.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

littlemissy555 said...

Thank you so much guys! I'm glad to be back, and glad that things are looking up. I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Nanette said...

I was just beginning to wonder if you'd dropped out of blogland forever Shark! Sounds like you are having a good time. :)