Friday, August 24, 2007

I hate moving

I seriously think that moving should be considered a form of torture. I have not yet actually started moving and barely have anything packed, but I'm fed up already. How can one person really have this much shit? I'm talking non necessary stuff that isn't junk that basically just takes up space. Anyone who has had to move knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm going to be moving in with a friend of mine. I figure splitting the bills is a good thing...as long as I don't kill her. She and I have been friends for about 16 years and I love her dearly, but she can get on my nerves. I'm sure that I get on her nerves sometimes too, but I'm much more laid back than she is.

Buddy will probably be staying with Tony...at least for a while. L has a golden retriever and I don't know how well Buddy will do with George. George is a sweet boy and loves everyone, but Buddy is very protective and jealous when it comes to me, so we will have to test the waters a bit before I decide weather he will be able to come with me (I hope so).

I've been going out quite a bit lately and shooting pool to get out of the house. I used to be pretty good so I am getting better now that I've been shooting. The bar that I frequent is my parents' old haunt and the owner jokes that now that they've moved that I'm taking dad's place. The only thing is I don't drink nearly the amount of beer that he does...usually ;0)

So, wish me luck trying to get motivated to pack...I'm going to need it. I hope to get some things moved this weekend, but we shall see how that works out.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Good luck! Moving is right up there on the list with paying taxes and dying for me!

I hope that Buddy will be able to get along with George (fingers crossed).

MrRyanO said...

Good luck with the move! I alos hate moving...it sucks!


RockDog Unleashed Saturdays @ Midnight!

Melissa said...

I can't stand moving. Your post reminds me that I'd intended to go through the house this summer, ruthlessly getting rid of anything I won't want to move in the future. I guess that could be a Fall project.

Good luck with the move!