Monday, August 27, 2007

Bring on the waterworks

As of today, most of my worldly possessions have been packed into boxes and moved to my new place. I still have a little bit left to pack, but the majority is out. I had a much more difficult time dealing with it than I had thought I would. Saturday I was fine, because I was still "coming home" that night. Sunday was a whole other story. I pretty much cried the whole day. I was glad that Tony and Lora were helping me to pack stuff up, because I really don't know how much luck I would've had doing it alone.

When it came time to leave to take our load over to Lora's place...I completely lost my shit. Saying goodbye to Buddy was a disaster. Watching Tony leave from Lora's was even worse. I know things always get worse before they get better, but that doesn't make me feel any better at this moment.

My parents are bringing my furniture today, so at least I'll be able to sleep on a bed tonight as opposed to the couch, so that's good. I am extremely hopeful that I will be able to bring Buddy over at some point, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I just don't know how he's going to do with another dog and a kitty. The last thing I want is to stress the animals.

So, it looks like I will be unpacking until Christmas, but I guess that is the norm when you move. I am trying to be as strong as possible, but not very successful thus far......*thinking happy thoughts*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you're moving or anything. To be honest I haven't read your Blog...yet, but I noticed you left a comment on mine. (That NEVER happens!...I think there was an echo). Sorry it took me so long to respond.
Hope everything works out for you...life usually works out kinda like it's supposed to.

Nanette said...

*hugs*

Angela said...

Moving is such torture! Good luck getting all settled in, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Buddy gets to join you ASAP.