Thursday, April 19, 2007

What a way to start the day!

When my alarm clock went off this morning I was pissed as usual...how dare it want to wake me out of a good sound sleep...bastard. So, I get my lazy butt out of bed, which means I had to pull my legs out from underneath Buddy to do so. I stumbled to the coffee pot and fixed myself a cup of joe. OK, so none of this is really exciting and is par for the course most mornings. BUT, when I went to get a shower this morning I took Buddy into the bathroom with me. This is not abnormal as he doesn't like to eat by himself, so I kill two birds with one stone and bring his bowl in while I am getting ready. He eats and is done by the time I am so it all works out. So, I got in the shower and Buddy was on the rug in front of the tub as usual. I begin washing my hair and I feel a draft. I rinse my face and open my eyes and there is a furry brown head poking in through the curtain trying to drink the shower water. I laugh at him and ignore it (he likes to drink from the spigot). By the time I get to conditioner, he's still watching me. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't particularly like being watched in the shower, even if it is just the dog.

I continue to try to ignore him when all of a sudden, he decides it would be a fabulous idea to join me in the shower. That's right, he just hopped in the shower like that was exactly what he was supposed to do. I am standing there laughing, wet, and soapy, wondering what the hell I am going to do with a soaked dog who, as soon as he gets out and shakes off is going to cover my bathroom in wet dog fur...GAH! He is so lucky I like him ;0)

So, needless to say I had to clean my bathroom, dry my dog, wash the shower out, and then I was able to get dressed and ready for work. Amazingly I was only two minutes late. I'd say that's an interesting way to start out, don't you? How do you start your day out...cool and calm, or calamity and chaos (feeling dramatic today, can you tell? ;0))

I hope everyone has a good Thursday! How do you like the pink? Too much?

8 comments:

MrRyanO said...

That's a hilarious way to start the day! LOL!

littlemissy555 said...

Yeah, that dog is a barrel of laughs ;0)

Nanette said...

I like the pink!

At least you have a sense of humor, and a clean dog! :)

I hate mornings, which for me are really afternoons--but getting up BLOWS.

Angela said...

That's hilarious. I hope Buddy doesn't make a habit out of this, or you are going to be really annoyed really fast!

I'm not usually a big fan of mornings, but I do start them pretty calmly. It's pretty nice because Nick and I carpool to work (I drop him off halfway), so we get ready together, go to Starbucks together, and drive through all the morning traffic together.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I totally agree about the shower watching thing. For some reason someone put a flyer promo thingie for our pastor's (he's also a hip hop artist) new cd/video/book release on the door of the bathroom stall at church and .. it has his pic on it...and it looks like he's staring at me..and I just...can't pee there anymore. Hope things are looking up for you. It sucks when life sucks so (((prayers)))

Melissa said...

This is why the dogs aren't allowed in the bathroom when I'm showering or running water in the tub. Pete has jumped square into my lovely bubble bath a couple of times while I was getting something from the kitchen, and I had to forgo my much-looked-forward-to bath to give him his.

P.S. Love the pink!

Melly` said...

Only one of my dogs will do that.

And I think its perfectly natural really. If your boss bitches about the 2 minutes late - give me the phone number.

Years ago MOTH did something awful to me in the shower... and I agree.. the shower is the one place we should feel safe. Buddy is just... gorgeous and your pretty safe with him!

littlemissy555 said...

Nanette, I try to laugh at everything, it's just easier that way ;0)

Angela, that sound like a great morning routine, and I doubt that the shower incident will become a habit (hopefully);0)

Heather, thank you for the prayers they are always welcome. I don't think I would be able to use the bathroom with a picture of the pastor there either!!

Melissa, he has never tried to get in the bath (yet) and what a waste of good bubbles (but funny) ;0p

Melly, I hope it wasn't anything too bad!! Buddy is great and I wouldn't have him any other way!