Monday, April 23, 2007

Spring? Is that you?

Let me just say how happy I am that it was nice out this weekend. I mean seriously, I am so fed up with the cold. I spent the entire weekend outside, and it was fantastic! I pulled weeds out of my flower beds and turned the dirt so they are ready to go when I buy some plants. I also made a new flower bed around a tree in my back yard. The tree is really the remains of a tree, but is too high (in my opinion) to be considered a stump. I will have to take a pic and you can decide.

Sunday after church I went to visit my grandfather. He was feeling pretty spunky and was sitting outside enjoying the sun. After leaving pappy, I went home and sat out on my porch and watched the birds and squirrels. So, it was a pretty lazy day.

When Tony came home on Sunday he was digging in front of our shed, basically just messing around and found an underground "space" beside our garage. It looks as though it was supposed to be a housing for a propane tank and an access to the water line. I will be sure to get a picture of that as well.

So, how was everyone else's weekends? Relaxing I hope!

***side note: I just wanted to let everyone know that sometimes I am slow at reading the comments, but I will do my best to respond because you guys are the best!! So, please don't think I'm being snobby...just pokey ;0)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for spring. Now if only Fla would stop forgetting that it's FLA and not supposed to be 50-60 degrees at night. I will be singin the Hallelujah Chorus with ya. And if it doesn't happen soon I just may find myself on your couch hangin out with the amish. lol.

littlemissy555 said...

You are more than welcome to come hang out! Although you may have to fend off the affections of my hyper active dog ;0)

Nanette said...

You are such a snob! ;) (totally kiddding, just in case)

I need to do the same(get garden ready) this weekend, I hope.

littlemissy555 said...

Very funny Nan! I love working in the garden. Even though I get aches and pains for the work, it's worth it ;0)

Angela said...

I adore spring. It sounds like you've been pretty productive!

Adamity73 said...

Hey! Where's the inside of your refrigerator shot? ;-)

BTW, I like the new pink motiff of the blog. It makes me feel as though I have somehow stumbled into a Victoria's Secret. =o))

littlemissy555 said...

Adam, I will put the fridge pictures up tonight...I forgot ;0) As for the VS theme...never thought of it that way, but don't expect me to post pictures of undergarments ;0p

MrRyanO said...

An underground space!!! That's awesome! Were there little people living in it? Treasure?

littlemissy555 said...

Rockdog! Sorry, there wasn't anything interesting in there except pipes and spider webs. I was also hoping for something valuable, but no such luck ;0P

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I see you have been busy as well, thats great...!!! I like the new look, it suits you nicely...

I am glad you had a nice weekend last week and hope you have another this time around, I know i will...

Later...

Blu

Anonymous said...

(((Thank you)))) I am definently starting to feel human again;)