Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Well Hello there ;0)

Wow, it seems like such a long time since I was inclined to write anything. Well, I have sort of been in a funk lately, so that is what I am going to blame it on. We all have those times where things just don't go as we would hope or we just feel a little off. I have been experiencing both, so bear with me.

I mentioned that I was job hunting didn't I? Yes, I did. Well, I interviewed with two companies. The one that I was hoping for...didn't get the position. The other...I was offered a position, but they want me to take a pay cut. So, no luck yet. Oh, but my boss put me back on full time, so that is pretty awesome!

On Monday, Tony and I went to Lowe's to buy some garden lights for our flowerbeds. The lights were on sale and we had a coupon, so that was a good thing ;0). We ended up out in the garden section looking at flowers. Little did we know that we were about to witness an incredible lack of cashiering skills.

We get into line to pay for our things, so far so good. We get up to the cashier, a very cheery lady who is smiling like there is no tomorrow. So, she proceeds to scan our items (only 4) and totals our bill...$101.70 was the damage, so Tony gave her $102.00 in CASH. Smiley counts the money twice before trying to enter the amount into the computer. She types in 102 and hits cash, which if anyone has worked a cash register before...it registered $1.02. Let me just cut to the chase and tell you that she typed it that way AT LEAST five times. She could not figure out what was going on. Then we tried to help her by saying that she needed to type the point, and so on. So, she finally got it and her excuse....are you ready for this? She apologized (still smiling though) and said that she wasn't used to working in the evenings, that her normal schedule was in the morning.....WHAT?

Let me just say this...I didn't know that cash registers changed depending on what shift you work. Oh, they don't. OK, good it isn't just me then. ;-) Even though she was having some trouble, I will give her credit for being bright and cheerful. Most times they look disinterested at best.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far! Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things STAT. At least it's all downhill from here...come on Friday!! ;0)

4 comments:

MrRyanO said...

I love Home Depot...and lights...but not their checkout system. It is "Self Check Out" here...only 1-2 lines with Cashiers.

Maybe on the other shift they are trying to do away with coins, so they round everything to dollars...? No? LOL!

littlemissy555 said...

I love Home Depot too. We actually never really shop at Lowe's (only for the sale). I don't know about the coin thing, but there was definitely something going on with smiley!

Nanette said...

Bless her heart. She probably doesn't get much cash--it seems like everyone uses a card these days.

Nice to see you. :)

littlemissy555 said...

Thanks Nanette!! Like I said, at least she was smiling and happy...she seemed very sweet, so no one was impatient about it ;0)