Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm thankful

I was looking at what I have been posting lately, and it got me thinking. Quite a few of the posts are about things that are going wrong or just unpleasant things that I have been going through. There is absolutely nothing wrong with writing about those things and writing them out is cathartic and makes me feel better. That being said, it has been a while since I have written about something happy.

As is true for many, for every one bad thing in life there are so many more good things. Even just the little things. So I decided to cheer up by writing about what I am thankful for in my life. I will even spare my usual long-windedness and use bullets ;0). Your welcome!

So, I am thankful for the following things:
  • For a wonderful family who would do anything for each other, no matter what.
  • Good health.
  • The fact that I do have a job, even if it isn't wonderful and doesn't pay me enough ;0)
  • A roof over my head...even if it is a never ending construction nightmare.
  • Good memories...even when the house (my parents' house) is sold, I will still have the memories to look back on.
  • A loving partner (Tony) who excepts me for who I am, and what I am/am not.
  • My dogs...enough said ;0)
I try my best to see the bright side to everything, but sometimes it's hard. There are many more things that I am thankful for, but I don't want anyone falling asleep on me ;0)

So, I hope everyone is easing into the week without any problem! It is supposed to be warm and sunny here today, so that is good. Hopefully Buddy and I will take a long walk when I get home from work, that will be nice. Only three days till Friday!

3 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Sometimes it is best just to stop and smell the goodness. :) This post made me smile...so it's contagious!

Have a good week!

littlemissy555 said...

Thank you Rockdog! I'm glad that I got a smile out of you. I hope you have a great week and Friday comes soon! ;0)

Angela said...

It's nice that you take the time to think about the good things in life. I think we all should do that every once in a while, and thanks for reminding me to do so. Right now I'm so thankful that it's finally Friday!