Monday, May 21, 2007

Softball, twister, marriage, drinking, dancing...

Well, this weekend was quite an adventure. So much was happening that I couldn't possibly fit it into one post without boring everyone half to death. So, I am simply going to focus on the wedding and reception since that was the most interesting part of the weekend.

  • I was inadvertently a half hour early to the church because I obviously cannot read.
  • The ceremony was beautiful...I don't think you need any more detail....most weddings are the same ;0)
  • The bride's dress was HUGE...or should I say the skirt of her dress was huge...she could've easily smuggled the bridal party under that thing (but it was really pretty)
  • Open bar at the reception!!
  • I did not manage to find a date to go with me (Where the hell were you Adam...did you make a wrong turn at Ohio? ;0p)
  • The bride's father kissed me at least four times (The bride and I have been friends since 7th grade so he has seen me grow up)
  • I wore a fancy dress and HIGH heels...and forgot my camera.
  • I managed not to break an ankle or make a fool of myself in said heels
  • Three children took it upon themselves to look up my dress.
  • I danced for four hours in heels after drinking and still did pretty good.
So, needless to say the bridal party was totally hammered and were quite amusing on the dance floor as the night progressed. I actually didn't drink that much as I was driving. I am still pissed at myself for forgetting the camera but the bride said she would make sure I got some pictures. So, how was everyone else's weekend? I hope it was nice. Anything exciting happen?

6 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Three children took it upon themselves to look up my dress.

LOL! They start so young!

littlemissy555 said...

Yeah Rockdog, isn't that the truth! One of the kids was actually the son of the bride and groom, who thought it was a fantastic idea to just lift up my skirt (he's only 2) much to the delight of the groomsmen on the dance floor at the time.

Melissa said...

Boys DO start young. If it's not the skirts, it's staring down the shirts ...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. And get on with your bad self and all the dancing!

Adamity73 said...

Dammit! I wish I'd been there. I didn't take a wrong turn at Ohio, so that much is good. But i did turn right instead of left at Alberquerque...and I have no idea how I got there!

[Twilight Zone music]

Glad you had fun. Oh! And what's wrong with lookin' up skirts?!

Nanette said...

Ah...weddings. I had one of those big dresses--for shits and giggles I even have a photo of my hubby hiding under it, I should look for it.

Glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

Melly` said...

Sounds lovely and I do hope she does share some pictures with you!