Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Love is in the air

With all the lovey dovey-ness that comes with a wedding, I thought it would be a great time to post about how I met my other half. In August we will have been together for five years. Holy shit...that's kinda weird saying that ;0). Anyway...where was I? Oh, right...well our "story" is actually kind of corny, but it turned out well.

I had just started working for my current boss when I first met Tony. He had come into the store to talk to my boss about some flooring (Tony owns rental properties) . I immediately thought that he was pretty darn cute, but I was not single at the time. There were a few more times when he would come in looking for Ed, and if he wasn't here Tony would stop and chat for a few minutes. Nothing major, just friendly conversation. We were both with other people at the time so it didn't matter anyway.

Jump ahead two years....I had been laid off for a year and had just come back to work. I was sitting at my desk when the bell for the front door rang as someone came into the showroom. I got up and (this next part is 100% the truth) I thought to myself "maybe it's that cute contractor Tony"...I opened the door to go out into the showroom......and you guessed it, it was Tony. He smiled at me and asked where I had been. He extended his hand to shake my hand but for some crazy reason I hugged him (not that he minded).

At this time we were both single and he would come by fairly often "to talk to Ed" but everyone kind of saw right through that ;0). I kept waiting for him to ask me out but he never did. I thought maybe I was reading him wrong but it seemed like he liked me.

On one of his trips he had ridden his motorcycle (he had his helmet in his hand) so I asked him about it. I ride trail bikes and quads so I was interested. I told him he would have to take me for a ride on the bike sometime, figuring that I would know weather he was really interested or not. He immediately asked me "...how about tonight?". So, he gave me directions to his house and we went for a ride on the bike and he surprised me by taking me for dinner.

He let it slip at dinner that he probably would've never asked me out had I not initiated it because he felt shy...I really think that is sweet and funny now. But, the rest is history and we've been together ever since.

I also found out later that he had kept an envelope that I had written his name on (a bill for some carpet I think) just because I wrote it. Hey, I told you it was kind of corny.

9 comments:

MrRyanO said...

I like this story! How nice! As a note, I always hug people who come into our office! LOL!

littlemissy555 said...

Thanks Rockdog! I am a hugger anyway, but I just couldn't help it ;0D (Lucky for him)

Melissa said...

A very sweet story, and a very sweet Tony for keeping the envelope.

littlemissy555 said...

I know Melissa, I thought the envelope was very sweet too! ;0p

LaraChick said...

So cute - thanks for sharing!

littlemissy555 said...

Ha ha Lara, this was actually a coincidence that I posted about this on the same day you asked ;0D Thank you for stopping by!

Angela said...

That is so darn cute and mushy!

Melly` said...

That is not corny.. that is gorgeous!

Nanette said...

I love 'how we met' stories! Thanks! :)