Friday, June 15, 2007

I'm overwhelmed

I feel like I have been chasing my tail lately. I can't seem to get anything done and I just feel anxious. I have noticed that within the last six years or so that I have developed an emotional issue that is sometimes very hard to deal with.

I have said before that I tend to be emotional, but not in an extreme sense. Chalk it up to being a very soft hearted person I guess. But when too many things happen in a short amount of time, I tend to lock down, get mopey, avoid people, and just generally keep to myself. I was never that way when I was younger ;0(. Anyway, I haven't been myself lately and I'm feeling a bit...lost, shall we say.

My dear grandfather has been in assisted living since last July and it has not agreed with him. He gets quite depressed and has had some health problems as I have written about before. On Wednesday he was moved to a full care nursing home. This is definitely in his best interest but there is no getting around the fact that his health is not getting any better. So, that has been upsetting, but I had been doing OK with the help of the family.

Also, Tony and I haven't spoken to each other all week and have been avoiding all contact (we are so mature). We rarely fight about anything so usually when there is an argument or one of us gets mad about something we ignore each other for a few hours then things are fine and we talk. Only this time I'm not willing to shrug everything off. Let me first say that I can take constructive criticism. I can also handle offhanded snide comments....from other people. But when a comment was made by Tony that was at best a mean jab really really hurt my feelings. The issue at hand was what we were having for dinner (beef cubes, rice, and carrots) and when we started eating I noticed he wasn't eating the beef and asked why. He could've very easily (and nicely) said that he didn't like it but instead he informed me that it tasted "like shit". He could've handled it better is all I'm saying.

So, this is why I have been hiding. I should be fine in a few days, so sorry for being such a drag. Is it me or does it seem like everyone has been posting less often? Must be the nice weather. ;0) Also, happy early Fathers' Day to any Dads out there!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

All of that would upset me too, and there are certainly better ways to explain that you're going to pass on the beef this time! It doesn't feel good when someone overlooks your feelings.

I'm sorry to hear your grandpa isn't improving - aging and illness are hard on all family members.

Feel better, Missy.

Nanette said...

Ah, that sucks all around.
As for Tony, I probably would have chirped back with "so, I guess you eat shit on a regular basis if you know what it tastes like"
I'm sorry he hasn't realized that he hurt your feelings.

Big hugs!

Adamity73 said...

"All week?!" Damn, that's a long time, Missy. =( Hope things turn around quickly.

As for the beef, sounds deeeeee-lish! Could you, would you, please pack some up in a brown paper bag and send it to Royal Oak, MI? I'll be sure to get it. Thanks! =)

I woulda said, "Tastes like 'shit,' huh? There's the microwave, dude."

Melly` said...

Careless words and actions can be so horrid I agree. But worst - he probably doesnt even remember he said them. And that is normal too!

When I was a little older than you - I drilled holes in MOTH's boat when he had annoyed me. You are a lot more mature than I am. I also tipped a full ashtray into his tropical fish tank for a similar annoyance.

You are so beautiful caring for everyone. Remember that.

Angela said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit overwhelmed. I get rather emotional when I'm stressed about stuff too, and like you, I prefer to hole up and stay in for a while. I know it doesn't help my recovery any, but what can I say? I'm sensitive.

Here's to hoping everything blows over soon!

littlemissy555 said...

Thanks guys! Just reading your comments cheers me up ;0D!