Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday, Monday

I really want to thank you guys for cheering me up with your kind words regarding the last post. It really helped, so THANK YOU!!! I found a way to make myself feel better about the dinner situation. I told Tony that if he didn't like the menu, by all means cook your own. He said that's fine with him and I asked what we were having for dinner tonight and he informed me that I have to make my own...I just laughed at him. That's fine with me, but just wait till I tell him he has to shop for his own food ;0p. He hates the grocery store. He may think he can be more stubborn, but he has underestimated my intelligence on this.

As far as my grandpa...Well, my Mom and I went to visit him on Saturday. The new place that he is in is HUGE. It took us 30-40 minutes to get there from my house, so it wasn't too bad. It took us a while to find his room...there are just so many wings and hallways. So, when we finally found the right room, he had just come back from having lunch.

I noticed right away how sad he looked. I am sure that the change was hard for him as it would be for anyone, but I think he is uneasy. Saturday was his fourth day in there and the only place that he had gone was the dining room, which is just across the hall from his room. He is afraid to leave his room because he doesn't think he could find his way back. He also gets very winded, so for him to get all the way to the elevator is really draining for him.

I hope that once he gets a bit more settled he will do better. He has a nice roommate so maybe they will pal around together...I hope so!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! What did everyone do for Father's Day? Did anyone do anything exciting, or was it just relaxing?

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Sounds like you and Tony are both very stubborn--let us know how he likes the shopping! :)

IMO, aging is one of the scariest aspects of life. I can't even imagine. I hope your Grandpa is able to find some joy at the new place.

Melissa said...

It was a relaxing weekend. Glad you and Tony are working on dinners, and I hope your grandpa settles in soon and meets some people who make learning the layout of the place a little less daunting.