Friday, February 02, 2007

Some days are just better than others....

I really need to get myself a hobby...or two...or three or four. Have you ever known someone who gets something (or a bunch) of things started and either doesn't finish them at all or takes a really loooong time to do so? That describes me to a T.

It seems that I have no attention span. If I start something and it isn't going to be done in one sitting/session....forget it...it will then sit and collect dust. For example, I decided that I wanted to teach myself to use a woodburner....it's not that it is hard to use, but you have to learn the technique. I did one table and I just cant bring myself to pick it up and use it again. I enjoyed doing it, but I guess now that I have done it, there is no challenge to learn it anymore.

Wow, I think I just realized what my problem is. I love to try new things...especially crafts, but as soon as I know I can do it, I want to find something else to learn. How weird is that? Well, I am sure that you guys have already figured out that I was a little off, but you are still here!

So, what are your hobbies or interests? What do you like to do to unwind? I love to go fishing or go for a long drive, or hike.

On a side note...I am excited for tomorrow. My sis and I are getting together to make candy...YAY! I will be baking cookies as well to make cookie bouquets and the chocolates will be part of them! I will be sure to take pictures to share. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! T.G.I.F.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

Raising my hand sky high! That is exactly my life. Lately, and thankfully, since the kids were born I haven't picked up any new hobbies. I say thankfully, because--who has the time?
Being addicted to the internet doesn't count as a hobby, does it? ;)

Melissa said...

Of course internet addiction (er, usage) is a hobby! Right? Right?

Recently picked up knitting, but I generally don't throw myself headlong into new things. I tend to learn just enough to be satisfied, then go back to my books.

MrRyanO said...

Before I moved to Long Island I used to fish several times a week. I love it! For me, there was no better way to unwind, have fun, and/or think! Great times!

Unknown said...

hehe
I can be like that