Monday, October 30, 2006

It's the little things....

On a visit to my parents' house on Saturday, my mom gave me a couple of boxes that she had come across while cleaning up the basement. She was laughing about all of the dumb little things that I had packed away. She chuckled and said "you are a pack rat just like dad." I disagree. I don't keep things for the sake of having them, I keep things because they have a meaning or a memory attached to them. Apparently, I have quite a lot of "memories".


Ok, I'll admit it....I am one of THOSE people, yeah, you know one of those people who is overly sentimental, but hey, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I don't think enough people take the time to enjoy the little things.

I have a beautiful wooden box that my grandfather made for me. The box itself is special to me because it was a gift for no reason whatsoever, just an "I was thinking of you" type gift. In this particular box is a collection of little trinkets, pictures, my graduation tassel, a handmade doll, and some other little things that remind me of things that give me the warm and fuzzies. Most times, when I feel down or sad, I can go and get the box down and look through it to cheer myself up. Yes, I already know what is in there, but those little things make me smile, make me feel better. That being said, I think everyone should have something like my box. Something that has the ability to make you smile if you are having a bad day, or just to sit and reminisce about a better time. So, if you had a box, what would you put in it?

Happy Monday!!! ;)

No comments: