Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Huh? What was I supposed to be doing?

I had decided that I was not going to make a New Year's resolution. It is always a safe bet with me that they won't be kept, no matter how good my intentions are. I have the attention span of....what were we talking about??...oh, see what I mean. That may be a little drastic, but you get the point.

I am quite sure that I am infuriating to live with due to my tendency to start things and not finish them. I think that it is a good possibility that I could stock an A.C. Moore with the stuff that I have that has yet to be made/finished. As I said, I always have the best intentions, but I either find some other interesting thing to get into, or I just loose interest all together and get lazy.

I also seem to have an issue in that once the interest has passed....it is gone...done...don't want to do it. I seriously have so many different craft and sewing projects started that it is ridiculous! So, that being said, instead of making a resolution, I would like to make an effort to quit being ADDish and finish what I start.

One other thing I am trying to take baby steps with is setting up a new schedule for myself. I always leave my housework and laundry for the weekend. I do this because I never feel like doing anything when I come home from work, but that doesn't make for a fun weekend. So, I have decided to start getting up a little bit earlier in the morning to do some of the little things, and picking a room/area to do each night to break up the work. I figure this way I will have free time on the weekends to actually relax.

Also, I have been reading that it is De lurking week!! So, if I have any lurkers??? Please say hello!! I hope everyone has a good Tuesday, and wish me luck!! ;0)

8 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Good luck with the new schedule. I'm useless in the morning...most of my work get done late in the evening.

littlemissy555 said...

Rockdog, sometimes I feel useless all of the time, but I am trying to change that ;0)

Adamity73 said...

Isn't the mere fact that you have resolved to finish what you have started, by definition, kind of a resolution? Sorry. I'm a tad literal, sometimes. ;-)

Steven said...

New schedules scare me...

I'll stick to getting house stuff done onthe weekend, then not getting anything done at all...it's flawed, sure...but like I said, new schedules scare me. ;)

Steve~

Stargazer said...

hey little missy, was lurking so now I am officially "delurking"!
I drive my hubby nuts cause I too have craft supplies ALL OVER THE PLACE. I quilted for a while, tried knitting and now I sell scrapbooking stuff so it's everywhere. I liked your plan of getting up a bit earlier to work on one thing. I have been doing it after work, but I seem to lose steam pretty quickly, so maybe now I will get one thing done before I leave for work in the morning! Happy organizing I know it's not easy!

littlemissy555 said...

Thank you Stargazer, at least I know I'm not the only one ;0) It hasn't been too bad so far, so that is good!

Annie said...

Hello, not exactly delurking as I've only just found your blog (via Melissa) but hello anyway. Like the profile pic.

Melissa said...

Hi Missy! Commented before, but delurking anyway. I tend to read much more than I comment.