Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I need new tunes

First of all, I just wanted to thank everyone for their concern for Tony's dad...it is greatly appreciated! He is doing well, sore, but good. They are supposed to release him to come home today, so I hope that they do, because he is so ready to go home.

OK, last night I was checking my email and I realized that it has been a very long time since I bought any new songs for my ipod. Now, if I had my way, and an infinite amount of money to spend, I would probably have more songs on there than I would have time to listen to it. I think I only have 150 songs on it at the moment because I lost a lot of my music files and haven't put them on my new computer, but that's my own fault.

Anyone who looks at my music collection looks at me as if I have two heads, six arms, ten legs, and green skin. Well, not really but you get the point. I like many different types of music. Here is a short list: blues, metal, rock (classic and new), country, bluegrass, oldies, punk, latin, classical.....well, you can see where this is going. There isn't much that I really don't like. That's not to say that I like all country, or all oldies, and so forth but for the most part I like all of them.

I tend to listen to whatever I am in the mood for, but I listen to mostly rock or metal I guess. That being said, I am always looking to add songs to my library. I will not even try to list all I have because I am lazy like that, but I would like to hear what some of your favorite artists/songs are. It doesn't matter what type of music it is...I love to listen to new stuff. If anyone is really interested in what I have on my ipod, let me know and I will get off my lazy ass and post it. By the way, feel free to list more than one if you want to! ;0) Happy Tuesday!!

7 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Hello! Glad to hear Tony's Dad is doing well.

MUSIC! Yeah! Santa left me a couple of iTunes gift cards so I was able to stock up on some old music that I only had on cassette...mainly old rock like Motley Crue, Ratt, Poison, Tesla.

The best new band I've found is a band called Dirty Rig. I would say that they are Rock, with a slightly hard edge. They have two CDs on iTunes, but "Rock Did It" is the new and better one.

Good luck in your music search!

littlemissy555 said...

Thanks Rockdog! I will check them out for sure.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Tony's dad is going home :)

I have a wide range of music appreciation as well :)

I can't think of anything to suggest since I don't know what is you've already got, but I do know that I always relax to soft jazz, bossa nova type songs, old school jazz (Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald) and my all time relax-mode favorite: Antonio Carlos Jobim (think "girl from ipanema", etc...)

Melissa said...

Oh man, Rockdog - my husband would marry me all over again if I replaced some of his (very similar to yours, as it turns out) cassettes with CDs. Thanks for the great gift idea!

Little Missy, I've got nothing. I am absolutely terrible with remembering bands and names of songs.

MrRyanO said...

Melissa...glad I could help. I have a huge box of cassettes, albums, and even 1 8-track tape that are all basically useless to me now. I have nothing to play them on.

littlemissy555 said...

I have the same problem...I have albums and tapes...I guess I should start trying to add them back into the mix!

Steven said...

I always wondered where the green skin came from...now I know. ;)

The band I have recently become obsessed with is Cold War Kids.

Steve~