Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mondays suck ass

Hey, I realize that it's Wednesday, but I have good reason to be behind. Monday afternoon I am sitting at my desk doing some paperwork, and talking to a sales rep on the telephone...nothing out of the ordinary there. I hear the front doorbell go off, so that I know someone has entered the showroom...this does not interest me because for once, I don't have to help the customers. I look up to see Tony's sister walk into my office...her face all red and puffy from crying and my heart sank. I got off the phone as quickly as possible to see what had happened. Tony's dad had fallen off of a ladder while painting and was on his way to the hospital. They thought that he had broken his hip.

I went home to check on Tony, and spoke with his mom....yep, he'd broken his hip (he's 72) but, it wasn't a bad break, and he would be OK. We spent a good part of Monday night in the hospital keeping him company. He was supposed to have a pin put in his hip yesterday, which we spent all day in the hospital so we knew what was going on, but due to some crazy test results, they didn't operate. So, he is supposed to be going today....but seeing that they don't want him to eat anything he's a bit cranky....as I am sure anyone would be. And, no one has any idea what time all the fun is supposed to start. So, I hope everyone is having a better week than we are!

8 comments:

MrRyanO said...

That's too bad. :(

I hope everything works out! Thoughts are with you!

littlemissy555 said...

Thank you Rockdog! He is doing well. He had surgery last evening and everything went well ;0)

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that everything went well. Hope it stays that way!

What is it with hospitals lately? 2 trips to the ER for my family in a month (baby w/high fevers and my dad w/a mild heart attack). I HATE hospitals (unless you're there for something joyous and the one and only reason for that is having a baby :) )

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

What was he doing up on a ladder?
Hope all is well, and he recovers smoothly.

MrRyanO said...

Glad to hear things went well! Keep us updated when you get a chance.

Steven said...

SOrry things have sucked.

If it makes you feel any better my week has been equally as shitty.

We can suffer together. ;)

Steve~

Anonymous said...

Well said.