Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Party Time!!

January is going to be a busy month for me apparently. I've got a Body Shop home party, a baby shower, my parents' anniversary, my Godson's birthday, and last but not least my dad's 60th birthday!!!!!

Now, while all of those things are important, my dad's bday is special for obvious reasons. My mom, sister, and myself are going to have a party for him to celebrate. The only issue is that my sister would rather not have a party that suited dad, but one that was more her style, if you know what I mean. My dad is a drinker....I would be hard pressed to find a day where he has not been "at the office". That being said, for various reasons my sister disapproves of this and his choice of friends.

My dad's friends are nice guys (most of them) but just aren't the most sophisticated bunch, but honestly, that is why I like most of them. They are who they are and don't give two shits if you like it or not. So, while we were discussing the particulars of said bday bash, my sis suggested that it be a family thing...bwahahahaha...yeah right. I laughed at her and she got pissed but oh well. This party is supposed to be about dad...not sis, or me, or mom...just dad.

I will be making invites and passing them among the "heathens" so this should be one hell of a party. My mom wasn't sure what type of food to have, and I suggested roasting a pig, but we shall see. I don't really think anyone will be interested in anything but the beer, but that is just my guess.

Anyone have any good party ideas/stories? His birthday isn't until the 29th so I have a little time yet. Wish me luck dealing with big sis...she's gonna be unhappy ;0p

4 comments:

MrRyanO said...

I like the idea of roasted pig and beer! Works for me! I bet his friends tell some great stories!!! I dig those kind of people.

littlemissy555 said...

They do tell some great stories...they are very interesting ;0)

Life said...

I suggest slipping your sis some valium the day of the party. Then give her a few beers and she'll be noooo problem ;)

Adamity73 said...

My Mom's b-day is the 28th. What a coinkydink!

My take on this is to do just what you're doing: Inviting his friends and roasting a piglet. I guess I can see your sister's point, a bit, but you're right--this is your dad's day; the celebration of the Big Six-Oh should be planned accordingly. My two cents. And, yes, I'm a sheep. Baa. See?