Monday, March 19, 2007

Back to the old grindstone

Monday's suck! But I am sure that you already know that. I have a funny story to tell you guys. My boss came into my office on Tuesday carrying a bouquet of flowers for me...Awww, I know. He goes to the central market and likes the lady who sells the flowers, so don't read anything into that...he just wanted to flirt with the vendor. So, he walks in with the flowers and says ....are you ready for this? No, I am serious...you sure...Ok..he said:

Boss: "Happy Valentines Day. I know I'm a day early, but these were pretty."

Me: *Blink* "What?"

Boss: *Looks really confused*

Boss: "Isn't tomorrow Valentines Day?"

Me: "Um...No" (It would've been March 14) "You are a month behind" *Laughs hysterically*

Boss: *Laughs* "Boy, I feel dumb"

Me: *not saying a word*

Guys, that was so funny. I could not comprehend the stupidity. So anyway, I had to tell you that.

What did everyone do for St. Patty's Day? I lounged around the house and watched tv. I'm Irish, but had no desire to go out in the snow.

I had an awesome Sunday. Church was better than usual, and afterwards I came home and made a big breakfast. After I was done stuffing myself I went to visit my Pap. I am glad that I went to see him because he was really lonely. He says that no one comes to visit him, but I don't know that for sure, as his memory isn't what it used to be. I took him some goodies to snack on...some apple cinn. muffins, peanut butter crackers, and some sprite.

Pap is in an assisted living home. Understandably, he is upset at this. We had a nice visit. I stayed about 2.5 hours and we watched some tv, looked at some pictures, and chatted. He seemed in better spirits by the time I left, so that made me feel good. He told me that when trout season is in that we will have to go fishing at the creek behind the home. I told him that sounded like a fantastic idea!

I hope everyone has a tolerable Monday!! I didn't want to push it ;0)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

A new blog look! Very nice for Spring.

Flowers are appreciated any day, but wow - he was WAY off. Unless he was super early.

Nanette said...

Yellow! :D

Ha! I hope he is not in the dog house with his wife/girlfriend/partner!

littlemissy555 said...

Thanks guys, I wanted to brighten it up for spring ;0) My boss is not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes. Luckily he's not married and is single, so he's not in the doghouse.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

That was funny, I thought I was bad about dates and time...

Have an awesome Monday if that exists...

Blu~

Angela said...

Aw, that is so sweet. Old people are the cutest. Okay, BABIES are the cutest. Old people are runners up to being the cutest.

And hey, flowers are welcome any day, right?

MrRyanO said...

The new look is very Easter! Looks good!