Monday, March 12, 2007

Trip to the Lock

Well, I am happy to say that I finally have something to write about! I know, I can't believe it either. I ended up staying home from work on Friday because my cold was kicking my ass. So, Friday was a wash, as I didn't really get out of bed. Saturday I was feeling better and managed to get some laundry done...no fun, but can't go to work in pj's now can I...NO!

Sunday was pretty freakin awesome. We had our niece overnight on Saturday (she's about to turn 5) so Sunday morning we had pillow fights, wrestled, and played twister. She didn't want to leave when it was time. After she left we did some work in the attic, but it was so nice outside for a change that the work got old real fast.

I convinced Tony that it would be nice to go for a drive...I love to do that. I suggested going down to a place called Lock 12, which is near Holtwood Dam. It's only 20 minutes away from our house, but it's a neat place to walk around.

Lock 12 is one of my favorite places to go in the summer. You can hike down to the Susquehanna river (if you are careful of the snakes). Oh, and the chance that the warning sirens from the Dam don't scare the crap out of ya ;0) (not likely to happen, but sounds good)


There is a double Limestone kiln that you can look down into:





If you walk the trail then the next thing you come to is a small bridge over a stream, which is very pretty.





I love water, so I usually end up in the stream playing like a little kid, but it was a bit too cold and very muddy yesterday. Next up is the lock itself, which you can walk inside of. It was really wet and muddy so I didn't take any pictures from inside of it.







I'm sorry that the pictures are not good, but I forgot the camera and had to rely on my camera phone, but at least I have pictures. ;0)



The last one is supposed to be a picture of the Normanwood bridge. I wish I could've gotten some shots up on the bridge, but there is no where to stop. The Susquehanna looks pretty from up there.

I tried to get Tony to go to Lock 15 yesterday too, but he didn't feel like it. So, maybe once it gets nice consistently I will be able to share some good pictures. Hiking and visiting places like these are one of my favorite things to do. I love to be out in the woods!!

So, what did everyone else get into this weekend? I hope that everyone had a good one! Anyone get messed up with daylight savings? Well, being that it is Monday I should go get some work done. So, here's to one day closer to Friday ;0) (I can wish can't I?)

7 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Nice pictures. It looks like a nice place to go to get away from the hustle and bustle!

littlemissy555 said...

Hey Rock! Yeah, it's a great place to stroll around. It's not a long walk and there are places to picnic, and picnic=food and food=good ;0) I am so bright Monday mornings!

Nanette said...

Thanks for the virtual tour. I enjoy doing things like that also.

And a big fat :P to daylight savings time!

Melissa said...

Looks like you had a great day!

(And it's practically Tuesday now, so we're almost halfway to Friday!)

Angela said...

The hubby and I like to hike a lot too, although we haven't gotten out just yet. The weather is so nice though, so no more excuses.

Dave Scott said...

Nice pics. Reminds me of when I used to live in N.J. back in the 60's. We used to practically live in the woods, build forts, and just be kids. Thks.

littlemissy555 said...

Thank you for stopping by Dave! The woods were and still are a great place to explore and have fun!