Thursday, November 09, 2006

Buddy Boy......Wonderdog...or something

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Buddy:




Buddy is my 2 1/2 year old Chocolate Lab. I thought it would be fun today to share some funny stories about my faithful companion. First, let me start with how I came to become Buddy's "mommy".

Tony's niece and her hubby used to breed chocolates. While at their house for one of their children's birthdays, there was still a litter of the cutest puppies running around (they weren't quite old enough to leave mom yet). Of course, I proceeded to lay on the ground and play with the pups, and so did Tony. One little guy in particular caught my fancy, due to his laziness ;0). He was the only pup that was content just to lay in my lap and sleep. Brian came over and was telling me that this pooch was his fav. too, and did I mention he was the biggest one...by a long shot;). Brian also told me that he had a perspective family for all the pups, but this little guy. They had found out from their vet that he had an issue with his lower eyelids (sorry, I don't know what it was called), in that they rolled in towards his eyeballs...I know, lovely. Tony and I had told them, that if they couldn't find anyone who wanted him, that we would think about it. It was up in the air as to what the cost would be to have surgery on his eyes at this point. So, low and behold, we got a phone call on father's day weekend saying that if we didn't want him, they were gonna take him to the humane league......guess what, we took him. We had his eyes fixed, and now he is a happy and healthy ball of energy that I couldn't see my life without.

OK, now that everyone is falling asleep, let me show you how he sleeps:





I do not know how that could be comfy, but hey. I would be here all day telling you all of the funny shit that goes on in my house because of boobie (my nickname for him), but I will just share a couple.

Fist up is the time that the dog thought it would be a fantastic idea to eat....yes EAT....one of Tony's router bits....for anyone who doesn't know what that is click here and yes, he ate one of those, and yes, they are sharp. Of course, my dog had an iron stomach, but I was still worried about his safety. When it was discovered what had happened, Tony informs me that he needs said router bit, and so begins "bit watch 2005". Yes, I was on dookie duty to get the router bit back, and when it finally "arrived" *ahem*, I gave the goodie bag to Tony, and told him to get the bit he needed so badly....and he did.

Buddy was crate trained when he was little, and didn't seem to mind it much. He was never really left crated for a long period of time, so it just worked out. When we moved into our new house, we felt we didn't need to crate him. (We needed to crate before, due to Tarzan the evil dog, who wanted to eat Buddy) So, that wasn't the best decision I ever made, but hey, live and learn. He was very out of sorts, with the new house and such, and now he was home alone alot more. He started getting in the trash, chewing things, peeing on the floor, and so on. Well, I had had enough of all of that, so I decided to go back to the crate. I even bought him an extra large kennel. Said kennel lasted two days people.....two got-damned days, before he tore the metal bars from the frame with his teeth, in an escaped attempt to rival Houdini. He even broke a tooth...needless to say, he doesn't go in the crate now, unless he's bad, or we have company (he's a jumper).

Buddy has been known to clear a room with his horrible gas, he's fallen down our steps countless times trying to go to fast, fallen up the steps, taken up the entire bed, gotten into the shower with me for no apparent reason, and just generally makes me laugh. So, while I hope these things were amusing, I am sorry if this was entirely too long, as I have a tendency to be long winded. I leave you with these:










I hope everyone has a good Thursday....one day closer to the weekend!!

2 comments:

Adamity73 said...

Naw, it wasn't too long at all. It was hilarious! What's up with the kid being able to eat metal?!

My kid Lou doesn't get in the shower with me--though I have, on a couple of occasions, dragged him in to give him a flea bath; hey two birds with one stone!--so he doesn't get in unless dragged in, but he does lick at the droplets of sugary (?) soap that splashes off of me.

I'm glad you took him so he wouldn't have to go to the Human League. He seems like a good, amiable guy.

littlemissy555 said...

Well, the router bit was in a spot we didn't think he could get to...we were wrong! He has a terrible habit of eating anything he finds on the floor. Since we are remodeling...he's eaten (and thrown up)drywall pieces, screws, pieces of wire, and not one of those things has hurt him (thank God) and half the time, I don't know where he finds the stuff!