Wednesday, November 29, 2006

customer service......my ass

I work as an office manager for a flooring company. Yes, I sit behind a desk all day...yay! I take care of all of the accounting, ordering materials, scheduling jobs, and fixing my bosses screw ups. When my boss is not here, I am also required to be a salesperson in the showroom. I HATE being a salesperson! I am good at it, but I still hate it. I have no problem striking up conversations with customers and I usually get complimented on my pleasant attitude. Now, anyone who must deal with the public knows that you will always run into the three basic types: the ones who are totally easygoing and great to do business with, the incredibly stupid, and the extremely rude.

I was force to deal with the latter. A couple came into the store with some measurements so that I could give them an estimate, which I did. They apparently didn't think that my calculations were correct and told me in no uncertain terms that they basically though I was retarded. I proceeded to show them exactly how I got said calculations, but that wasn't good enough either. My boss came out and looked everything over and came up with the same thing, so being the wonderful salesperson that I am, I asked "So, do you believe me now, or do I need to show you a third time?" well, that didn't go over very well and they left. My boss was not upset with me and probably would've done the same thing, and it was especially funny when they came back in because they had shopped around and we had a lower price ;0).

Being rude like that always comes back to bite you. So, I would rather deal with either of the first two types of customers. I am surprised that anyone would want to have me dealing with people because I obviously don't do well with rude people and I tend to just say what I think. So, look out if you ever want to buy flooring and watch out for the snappy little woman in the showroom ;0p (I'm really not that bad...it just sounds funny!) Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

Adamity73 said...

You said: "...[O]r do I have to show you a third time?" Smile, dimple, smile, dimple.

You thought: "Listen you motherfucking yuppy motherfuckers! I've had it up to here with your fucking idiotic disbelief, Mr. and Mrs. Cock-n-Cunt! Now, I am showing.much.gosh-damned.restraint. Seriously, I like my job, for the most part. But if you oozing fucking coozes second-guess me one more motherfucking time, I'll have no other gosh-damned option that to pop a cap in yo asses! Today, junior! Do you want the cocksucking flooring or motherfucking not?!" Smile, dimple, smile, dimple.

Rude people are, by definition, assholes. I think you showed great professionalism by just giving them a *smidgen* of what they deserved.

Kudos.

(And it's classic that they had to come back with their tails between their legs. Klassik!)

Just an Average Girl said...

Holy Crap! We live close together, I'm in Glenside, and I sell hardwood flooring on the side. We're not related are we?