Monday, November 20, 2006

One down, two to go....

Well, my pre-Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving family function went off without a hitch. We had a smaller group this year due to illness and hunting trips to the mountains. All of the food was delicious as usual, so I feel about 20lbs heavier than I was on Sunday morning, but oh well.

Speaking of food....I decided to make the scalloped potatoes for the meal. My oven hates me for this decision however. I didn't think of putting anything under my casserole dish, so everything cooked out all over the bottom of my oven. I have a self cleaning oven, but I hate the smell the oven emits while running the self-clean cycle...ACK!

Tony and I got quite a history lesson on the way to the grove. We picked up my grandfather, and the whole ride he took the utmost joy in looking around and telling us what had been here and there 50 years ago. I was really glad that he was feeling up to going along. He seemed to really enjoy himself, and was especially happy to hold the newest member of our family, 6wk old Lauren. We took some really nice pictures of Pap and the family, so when my dad emails them, I will post them.

Every year we take a group photo for posterity, and usually my uncle is the photographer. My dad was going to take the picture (I'm not sure why my uncle wasn't, but oh well) and had the camera set up. Now, my dad is not the most electronically inclined human on the face of this earth *cough cough* so he took one shot minus himself, and we were going to take one minus my cousin to take that shot. I ran over to see if I could set the self timer, which I did, and we got a nice family shot with everyone in it (even though I slid across the floor to be dramatic) ;0)

Everyone was happy and healthy, which is always wonderful to hear. It is unfortunate that most of the family only sees one another once a year, but I guess that's better than never. So, one down and two more to go....my mom's dinner, and Tony's mom's dinner....I can feel myself getting fat already! ;0)

1 comment:

Steven said...

I'd actually rather see my family never...but I guess that's just me. ;)

Steve~