Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Shoot me now....No, seriously....do it!!

First and foremost, I would like to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving! I am lucky enough to not have to cook a Thanksgiving meal, but I will be forced to eat two of them. I am not complaining. My mother and Tony's mother are both wonderful cooks.

One reason that I am not cooking, is due to the fact that my house is very much under renovation. VERY MUCH!! Truth be told people, I don't have a living room. We live out of our kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, office, and well, that is it. I have no furniture downstairs except a dining table and chairs, so as you can guess, my house is not a prime spot for entertaining. That being said, Tony invited his niece and her family over to see our house (only a handful of people have been to my house so far) before going to his mother's house for Thanksgiving (we live two minutes away from his parents....tops). Now, I don't have a problem with them coming over, but now I will have to clean my entire house. I realize that they know it is being renovated, but I can't fathom someone coming in and seeing it like it is. So, I will be cleaning everything tonight and tomorrow morning, just so that they can come in, look around and leave....brilliant, I know. I don't want to come off as having a dirty house, but when you have to clean up drywall dust or some other sort of dirt all of the time....things don't exactly look sparkly.

I am going to keep a running total during dinner as to how many times I will be asked as to the state of my left hand ring finger and/or my womb. That is one thing that gets old in a hot second. I am the "last one" so I guess they feel like it is funny to tease me about getting married and having a baby. I am not opposed to either one, but do we really need to discuss it over dinner...come on people. So anyway...I hope everyone get a full belly tomorrow. I was going to post about some things that I am thankful for, but I won't bore you anymore.


HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

1 comment:

Steven said...

*click* BOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

There...I'm not cleaning up the mess though. ;)

Steve~