Thursday, November 16, 2006

How would you like it?

As I was driving to work this morning, singing at the top of my lungs, and not giving a shit that the lady beside me clearly thought I was more than a little bit crazy, I saw something that I always hate to see. I got behind one of those trucks that carry the live chickens...yeah, you know, the ones with all of the small ass cages, with the birds just stuffed in there....yeah, that kind. Look, I am not a vegitarian or a vegan, but I really can't stand to see how those chickens are treated. Yes, I am quite aware that they were probably going to be taken somewhere to be processed for my chicken cordon bleu....but I digress.

Ok, now I feel a little better....This Sunday is our big Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's family. We were supposed to be doing an Iron Chef type dinner, but everyone punked out. Nobody wanted the hassel, so everyone is just bringing a dish. I am sure it will still be fun, as this is the only time of year that I see certain family members. I have yet to decide exactly what I am making....I am thinking either homemade scalloped potatoes or mashed sweet potato caserole....yes, I dig potatoes! I will be picking up my grandfather and taking him with us to the dinner, so that should be intersting...talk about your backseat driver!! But, that's Ok, at least he will be there. So, for now I must go get some work done....I know....shocking!! So thank goodness it's one day closer to the weekend!!

4 comments:

captain corky said...

Potatoes are the best! That's the dish that I'm responsible for making every holiday. I enjoyed reading your post and I don't find you to be boring at all.

Steven said...

What's an Iron Chef kind of dinner?

You were all going to compete with octopus as a secret ingrident? ;)

Steve~

littlemissy555 said...

Steve, it was supposed to be pumpkin or squash, but since everyone has decided to forgo that idea, we'll see.

Adamity73 said...

I tend to believe that it is a PA-type thing. Here, in Dee-Twat, I've never-ever seen a Chicken Caboose.

"Stuffed in there."

Empathatically-speaking, though? Yeah. Those beings were born to be slaughtered. Nice life.

PETA versus KFC:

Bad news. I still eat chickenmeat; it taste-ah like-ah...Crocodile.

Real-quick, before I spew...Lil Miss, have a happy Thanks-Day! Sunday is a few days early, but I'm sure you'll have a great thyme!

My condensed spew:

The way we humans treat "our" animals makes me sick, in a way. In a big way. Kennelled, one-position-for-life, minimized, seen as food: I abhor the practices at the KFC Churning Plant, yet I do love the taste of the Colonel's Extra-Crispy-Beaks-and-Gizzards-be-Damned-Mix-up....

What was I saying? Oh. Yeah.

If the vegetarians--vegans, whatever--wanna eat bean sprouts and "beef-flavoured" tofu, then that is their call.

Myself? Instead of "Tofu-with-Sprout" I'd rather hava hunk of the biggest fattest T-Bone stake known to man. I have A-1 sauce--it'd be liberally poured.

Feed me pampered-cow! As long as it tastes as it should: a Carnivore's Dee-Lite.

MMM...Steak.