Monday, December 04, 2006

My computer is what?

This post will probably be a mish-mash of a few things, so bear with me ;0)

Well,
last Friday was a day from hell for me. I got to work at 8am. I
unlocked the door and went in like I do every other morning. I went
into my office and put all my shit down, took my coat off, turned the
heater on, and sat down at my desk. Now, up to this point my morning
had been perfectly fine, what was about to happen next was going to
change that for sure. I reached down to turn my computer on and when I
push the button...I hear a clicking sound and have a black screen
up...this is obviously not a good sign. I call the computer guy and
tell him what is going on and he proceeds to tell me that it sounds
like my hard drive has crashed...........WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN MY
HARD DRIVE CRASHED???? oh, sorry ahem. Fortunately for me, I had a
backup of my Quickbooks accounting software. If I didn't have that
backed up...I would've seriously considered suicide. On the flip side
of that, nothing else on my computer was backed up. Mycomputer had
numerous spreadsheets that I used as templates and I also had every
customer proposal on that computer.....gone, all of it. So, after the
hard drive was replaced I spent the rest of the day trying to reinstall
everything back onto my computer.

Being that I am not the one
who originally made the excel templates, I guess that I am going to
have to try to figure out how to make new ones. I know how to use
excel, but I'm not sure I have the patience right now to do it. Also,
my boss has decided to hire someone to do our commercial estimates.
That is fine and dandy, but guess who will have to train this
person....me. Not only will I need to do the accounts payable andreceivable
, scheduling jobs and estimates, answering the phone, waiting on any
customers that come into the store, and any other task that may come
up, but I will also have to babysit the newbie....GAH! Son of a Bitch.
I need a clone to help me, that's all there is to it. So, just to sum
it all up....work is totally sucking ass right now (so classy, I know).
Well that is all for now, I will let you go read something with
substance! ;0)

5 comments:

Mad Mom said...

that sucks. a few months ago my computer freaked out and I was so lost. good luck getting everything back to normal ;)

littlemissy555 said...

Thanks! I am starting to make some progress, but I believe it will be a slow process ;0)

Adamity73 said...

Read something with substance?

I thought I'd been doing that.

Peace.

MrRyanO said...

That sounds like one craptastic Monday!

Steven said...

See, this is why we can never be allowed to work out cloning...

People would use the clones for the completely wrong purposes. ;)

Steve~