Monday, December 18, 2006

Seven days and countin'

Well, for once I had a pretty productive weekend. I am usually very lazy and unmotivated on the weekends, but I actually got something done this time around. I went shopping on Saturday because I had an assload of Christmas gifts to buy, and said shopping trip went surprisingly well. I was so ready to have to shoulder block someone or run over someone with my cart, but all catastrophes were avoided.....and I spent less money than I thought I would...YAY!!!!

All that being said, I am about 95% finished with all of the shopping (I still have a few gift cards to get, but that isn't a big deal) and I am in a pretty good mood. This is a major improvement from me wanting to punch Santa in his fat jolly ass..*Ahem* sorry ;0) We are still trying to plan the kids' gift hunt for Christmas with little luck, but oh well.

I also need to decide what kinds of cookies I am going to bake.....If I bake any at all. I am going to TRY to finish my wrapping tonight, but I am not optimistic. Hey, at least I'm honest!

4 comments:

MrRyanO said...

I discovered my newest pet peeve last night while Christmas shopping...people who shop while on their cell phone.

I'm looking at different dolls for my daughter. I want something that is quiet (that's our toy theme this year...quiet) and this woman next to me is talking to Charlie on the phone..."Ok, Charlie, they have 3 Asian babies, 1 black, 3 that wet, 2 that wet and vomit...etc...etc." I later see her in a different section of the store describing every remote control car they have to Charlie. Clearly Charlie needs to get his thick ass out of the house. Then I almost get run over by several other people on cell phones pushing carts. I hate cell phone shoppers...

Glad to hear you're almost done shopping! As for cookies to bake...anything but sugar cookies! LOL!

littlemissy555 said...

Sweetmotherofjesus.....I HATE the cell phone shoppers too! I was really tempted to bump the lady walking in front of me on Sat.....she was strolling along yakety yakking and not paying attention. As far as cookies go...how about sand tarts, snicker doodles, and sugar cookies. Sorry, but sugar cookies and snicker doodles are my favorite ;0) If not sugar, than what kind should I make? I am always looking to try something new.

MrRyanO said...

Anything with chocolate and peanuts butter...that is the universal combination of awesomeness!

Adamity73 said...

see, lilmiss? everything works out in the end. and, speaking of cell phone "shoppers?" basically, anyone that talks anywhere in public on a cell phone grates on my nerves. TAKE CARE OF YOUR BUSINESS IN A MORE PRIVATE PLACE, DAMMIT! it just kinda strikes me as kinda rude. i don't know why.