Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Christmas spirit has left the building.

Well, I was trying really hard to be happy about and excited for Christmas. As of right now...Christmas can suck it. I am broke and have lots of shit that I need to buy, I still haven't put my Christmas lights up on the front of my house, and I am just generally pissed off. If I only had to buy gifts for my family I would be OK, but I have to buy for Tony's family, and there are like a gazillion of them. They don't pull names or have a grab bag, and I really don't know why. I would have to start buying now just to be caught up next year. So I say to hell with it all. I am seriously considering not leaving my house on Christmas and either sleeping all day, or drinking myself stupid.

I don't think that the family would appreciate that very much, but oh well. I am quite sure that I don't have the heart to do that, but it sounds good and tough...doesn't it? Well, I am sure that no one really wants to listen to my cranky self anymore so I will go take my cranky self somewhere else until tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't it suck that Christmas has gotten so materialistic? what happened to just getting together and celebrating without the big hoop-la gifts?

i'm so totally cool with people just giving me homemade stuff or baked goodies or a just a nice and simple card.

glad my family has decided to keep up w/the secret santa, but my dumb arse likes to still buy gifts for others anyway (like our parents - even if they're in the grab bag). i also have NO clue what to get pDaddy and that drives me nuts more than anything!

Melissa said...

I'm right there with you, Missy. I'll feel differently tomorrow I'm sure, but right now I'm looking at my checkbook balance, adding in bills, estimating Christmas gifts, and it just doesn't balance.

It's upsetting, to say the least.

Somehow we manage to pull it off each year, but damn - it feels harder this year.