Tuesday, December 19, 2006

You want to move to where?

For the past five years or so my parents have been saying that they would like to sell their house and move. Just to give you a little bit of background, my parents built their current house about 16 years ago on land that they purchased from my grandmother. The land was adjacent to her property and was actually part of the original plot that my grandparents had bought when they were married. My mom and her brothers and sisters were raised there. They have 2+ acres that is wooded with no close neighbors. But they want to move.....3 hours away. :0(

The logic (to them) is that they can sell the house and property, and move upstate and buy a house and some prop, and have money to put in the bank. I get that, but why in the hell can't they stay local....all of the family is here.

I am a very sentimental person, so if it were me, I don't think I could sell because of what the property represents, but it isn't my decision. I grew up there as well, so maybe that is why I feel that way.

Anyway, the point is why move that far away when you could accomplish the same thing locally. If they wanted to downsize, they don't have to move far away. Oh well, what ever they want to do is their decision, and they don't come to visit me that much anyway, and only live 20min. away.

So...six days to go till Christmas...is anyone in panic mode yet? ;0)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I am in panic mode...
I'm flying to Texas in 4 days, and my 3 year old daughter was up all night throwing up... I just know it's going to hit me right around the time that the floosy gate agent say, "Rows 2-10 now boarding"...

Sorry to hear that your folks want to move away.

littlemissy555 said...

Thanks Alicia! Sorry to hear your little girl is sick, and that you will have to deal with airport stress on top of normal Christmas stress...*I'm not helping am I?* I hope everything goes smoothly for you and have a safe and happy trip! ;0)

MrRyanO said...

That's too bad...maybe they will change their minds and it will all work out.

Oooooo..is that an M&M a spy? Mmmmmm, chocolaty goodness with a thick candy shell! (The Biggest Loser, here I come!)

Adamity73 said...

Yeah, I'd be bummed out, too, if my parents moved 3 hours away. Hopefully, your 'rents keep it local.

And...panicked about Christmas? Not even close. I have absolutely NO money this year to buy gifts, so my smile will have to be enough. I'm gonna feel like a cheapskate, though. :-)