Sunday, December 10, 2006

I know I'm strange...so what?

This evening Tony and I babysat for his niece and nephew...or should I say, we went to their house and watched TV. The kids basically entertained themselves (they are 11 and 4). So, we were in the living room and I asked G if she wanted to watch a movie. She went upstairs and came back with Mary Poppins. Tony and her little brother were not thrilled with her choice, but that is what we were going to watch.
I haven't watched Mary Poppins in like....a really long time, but I had forgot how much I really liked it. I know that really makes me sound....odd, but I do not care. When I was younger, my favorite movies were the musical movies.

So, while we were watching the movie, I got to thinking about some of the movies that I used to love to watch. I will list some if you promise not to laugh at me......promise? You didn't promise....OK, well I will do it anyway. Some of these movies are even older than "my time" but my mom used to rent them for me:

  • Disney's Babes in Toyland
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • The Apple Dumpling Gang
  • The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again
  • Mary Poppins
  • Calamity Jane
  • Robin Hood
  • Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs (not the cartoon version)
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • Singin' in the Rain
  • The Wizard of Oz
I know there are plenty more, but I have embarrassed myself enough for one post. I have nothing against the movies that are made today, but man there is just something about the old classics. Any of these movies could put me in a good mood just by watching them, and I think that is pretty awesome. So, does anyone have any favorite childhood movies that they remember? I am trying to make a list of the oldies but goodies that way I can update my DVD collection.

3 comments:

Steven said...

I used to love Tom Hanks in Bachelor Party when I was a kid. ;)

Steve~

MrRyanO said...

I love the Wizard of Oz...that movie rocks!

Melissa said...

Sleeping Beauty (though I'd get freaked out when Maleficent turned into the dragon, Fantasia, and Sword in the Stone.

And a few from your list: Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood (especially the whistling at the beginning), and Mary Poppins.

I'm sure there are more, but these were my favorite Disney ones.